WeGIF Community Guidelines
WeGIF is a place where members of all ages can post and create content in a friendly and creative atmosphere. Please respect this, and take a look around to see what other members are uploading; see if it matches your interests and creative expression, and ultimately decide if this is a place for you. As the community grows we may update these guidelines so please check back from time to time.
In addition to these guidelines, be aware that the use of WeGIF is subject to the terms of service.
What WeGIF is for and what to upload.
- Animated photography of friends, family, pets, nature, the mundane and the extraordinary, excluding prohibited items from the list below.
- Content appropriate for all ages.
- Timelapse and stopmotion animation.
- Walkthroughs or step by step photo instructions.
- Scientific, technical or visually interesting animations.
- Funny animations, as long as the fun is not at someone else's expense.
- Friendly and respectful discussion and interaction.
- When posting WeGIF content on other websites, use the copy html code and player provided, and link back to WeGIF.
What WeGIF is not for, and what not to upload!
- Don't post mature and sexually explicit content.
- Don't post images of violent, shocking, disgusting or illegal activity.
- Don't post and/or host banners or logos.
- Don't advertise, spam, or sell anything through the site.
- Respect other's work. Don't post copyrighted content that doesn't belong to you.
- Respect what WeGIF is, don't post non-animated content.
- Don't post animations with excessive use of text, graphics or filters, including bling, glitter and borders.
- Don't post or create extremely fast moving or blinking content that is hard for eyes to focus on. If you have doubts about it, it's probably too fast. If your content receives very high Jerky scores, it may be time for you to remove it.
- Don't post animated clip-art, it's probably not yours anyway. If it is yours, do it for the purpose of showcasing your art, not for hosting and distribution.
- Don't express your frustration through content or comments. No hate speech, if you're going to give criticism do so in a constructive and positive way.
- Don't mislead by creating links, adding improper tags, leaving comments, or impersonating anyone other than yourself.
- Don't use avatars that may be offensive and fit the descriptions of other items on this list.
- Don't post WeGIF content on other sites by linking to it directly. Instead, use the provided player and html code in it's entirety since it provides links back to the content's page.
A few more things you should know.
WeGIF content is moderated by WeGIF staff and members. This means if you see content you don't agree with, you can either click away or flag it. We may delete content or accounts that violate the guidelines without warning.
If you see something that you think requires our immediate attention, please use the feedback form page to contact us and include a link to the content page you saw.