Frequently Asked Questions: Creating Wegifs
I'm having problems creating wegifs. What do I need to have installed?
First of all you need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, 10 or newer, which can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
If creator seems to load, but you can't browse and select files, you have an older version of flash player installed. See above.
I'm having problems getting the webcam to work!
For a webcam to work properly on the Create page, it must not be simultaneously used by any other program. This means you can’t have Skype or some other similar program running at the same time. If you still can’t see your camera in the Create From Webcam screen, you may need to change the default camera used by Adobe Flash Player. The following article was written for Mac people but it applies to everyone and will tell you how to select a different camera until you find a working one: Troubleshooting Mac Computers With iSight.
What is the maximum file size animated .gif file I can upload?
Currently the size is 4mb for free accounts and 8mb for Pro accounts.. Trying to upload anything over the limits will result in an error once the server completes the transfer.
What are all the features in the Create page?
- Individual Rotate Frame: look for the little rotate icon on each frame card. Click it until you get the correct rotation.
- Rotate All Frames: this button will rotate all frames. Click it until you get the correct rotation.
- Sort Frames: Drag and drop the frame cards to change order. Place them on the Holding Table area below to arrange easily.
- Speed Slider: Drag the speed slider to adjust speed for animation as a whole.
- Speed Buttons Plus and Minus: Click the Plus and Minus icons on a frame card to speed up or slow down the duration for that frame.
- Speed Right Click: Right-Click a frame card to speed up or slow down the duration for that frame.
- Set Auto Speed: Let the creator choose a speed for your animation based on content.
- Duplicate Frame Button: Easily clone a frame without uploading again. This button sits on each frame card and looks like 2 boxes.
- Delete All Frames Button: Removes all frames, including ones in holding table so you can start fresh.
Videos to help you get started
Watch video tutorials See how simple it is to make your first wegif, or setup your webcam.